Code Sector Web
for Google Android
Maverick is a GPS off-road navigation app for Android devices. It automatically caches all your maps for offline use so that you can access them even without an Internet connection. This app is great for hiking, boating, geocaching, and other outdoor activities.
- Multiple global and regional online maps Including Bing, Yandex, Open Street Maps, OSM Cycle, OSM Public Transport, Multimap (UK), OutdoorActive (Germany, Austria, South Tyrol), Cykloatlas, HikeBikeMap (Germany), Open Piste Map, NearMap (Australia), and many others.
- All maps are automatically cached for offline use You can use Mobile Atlas Creator to create or download map tiles and MAPC2MAPC to manipulate maps and convert them between different platforms and software.
- Go caching! Create custom geocache queries on geocaching.com. Queries that contain 500 geocaches or fewer can be delivered as an email attachment.
- Share your current or planned location Send your address, GPS coordinates, and a link to Google Maps or even a map image.
- Save places you visit Waypoints are stored in a KML file that can be viewed and edited in Google Earth.
- Navigate easily A built-in radar shows the direction, distance, and estimated time to a point of interest.
- Record your tracks with a single tap Export tracks as GPX files that can be viewed in Google Earth and other programs.
- Upload tracks to GPSies.com You can use GPSies.com to view and download tracks that have been recorded by a GPS device. Please note that a free account is required for uploading.
- Trip computer See your speed, altitude, pitch, etc.
The best way to download or purchase one of our Android applications is directly from the Market app pre-installed on your device. Alternatively, you can do it from the Android Market website using the buttons provided below. If, for some reason, you are having problems downloading this application from the Market app and from the Android Market website, you can obtain an APK file with the latest free version on our Downloads page.*
"If you are looking for a nice and simple Android app, but with all the best features to do some GPS tracking, Maverick is a good choice." maybenotallreviews
"I love the look and feel of the app and it doesn't crash!"
"You can import Google data by using a convertor utility to turn the KML into a GPX file format… This app is actually very usable and I think a giveaway for $5!"
"Brilliant for geocaching."